Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Cultures

Today I cleaned up my XML io code. It's pretty simple - each object has information about it store about as XML. One function finds the XML files and then the information is loaded. It can save to - all pretty standard.

After that I moved on to my culture data sets. I'm really using Lua and C# here at the same time to represent "culture". (This is a word I've chosen don't read too much into - it's mainly gimmicks :D ) Anyway the cool thing is that a lot of the data is store in Lua tables that can be modified on the fly - I'd like cultures to be able to change. I'm being intentionally vague - as I don't want whippersnappers stealing my glorious ideas :D The C# code can also write out the state of the culture as Lua code - which is quite cool. It's a long way from being but into the game though.

That's pretty much it for today. I'm looking forward to fiddling with the main trunk of my code this weekend and possibly coming to the end of stage 2 of my development plan!
Post a Comment