I now have a nice XML configuration file to store how the menu should be presented to the user. First (as nearly always) I created a small tester program and then I wrapped it up into my main code.
I also noticed this which is maybe the C# port of Ogre (which I'm interested in, but would be even more interested in if I saw more things developed for it). I'm not sure. I was looking for GUI stuff. It seems interesting but the site itself is extremely sparse on documentation. It's something I want to look further into.
I'm actually zipping down some of my older to-do lists. Which means the end of stage two is in-sight. The end of stage two means something that looks vaguely like a game.
The stuff built on top of my GUI library needs to be tighten up. The GUI library itself needs to be wrapped up into a dll file. This may be what I focus on next. For this weekend I've really done what I set out to do.