This weekend I managed to return myself to EINFALL, with some coffee and some areos and a poorly crafted sandwich I set to work and fixed the bug. Then I made visual improvements. Then I procastrinated and didn't get round to making it efficent. Usually I wouldn't bother. But this is ajor effiecency problems we're talking about here. They need to be resolved or the game just won't be as sexy.
I've even written out a good chunk of the code but on paper. I'll need to check it all with a testbed thing first too.
It's one of those things where I get the feeling it's not going to magically work first time but will require a degree of fiddling. Once it's done though, that's the first stage finally over with. A little polish and then some extensive planning for how far I'd like to take this.